Thursday, December 29, 2011

Home


I don't think anything quite spells relief more than waking up in your own bed after leaving a third world country. (as described by a tour operator at Stingray City.) Parts of Antigua were poorer than I had ever seen. Yet the beaches were amazing. Waters tourquoise, aqua blending with exceptional waves and fine sand. We made many interesting memories together and I'll cherish that a lot. (Upon departure in Antigua, before they let you emigrate out, you have to pay a departure tax of $28.00 cash per person. Thank you conveniently located cash machine!) In retrospect I liked most of the things that did happen on our vacation, no one got sick beyond bug bites and sun fatigue, we flew safely and got back to our cars, house and pets (thanks Ian!). Our family adventure (mostly) worked out better than I ever imagined possible.

1 comment: