Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Barack Obama Doesn't Like His Daughters Watching the Kardashians, Says Michelle


Now that I feel like I have a parental ally in the White House, I can sleep easier knowing I am not the only parent whose daughters find them crazy. Yes, a few minutes with the Kardashian clan under any circumstances is enough to make me wish reality television was never invented. I do have to hand it to their mother, Kris, who is obviously smart enough to understand the financial benefit of branding her family. Dysfunction aside, (and no family can escape that....), I actually prefer the antics of the 20 something's on Jersey Shore. At least in their beach house and beyond their goals seem purely superficial, as in drinking, hooking up, and getting in each other's way. I'd like to think that as they take their MTV paychecks to the bank, somewhere their parents are silently cringing at the display of wanton excess and lack of morals on exhibit in their weekly installments. Unfortunately, with the Kardashians we are exposed through the media to their lifestyle choices, their parental style, their retail efforts and their nuptials. The last time I looked I thought a bride needed only one dress to make it through the evening- but this family exceeds my expectations on almost every level. So, as far as this subject goes, I agree with my president 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment