Monday, September 12, 2011

A visit with friends and more




A Sunday excursion meant the chance to visit friends in Woodstock for lunch. They are the parents of three with one on the way and it was fun to hang out with their young children. I sometimes forget how engaged we all were as a family when my kids were little. Took me back to all the meals together, often requiring a major sweep of the floor afterwards. Something about a highchair, a toddler and a bowl of ziti. Driving back we picked up my son and his friend who were mountain biking nearby. They got in the car sweaty and hungry and grumbling about the bugs and the tough climb up the hills before they could barrel down on their bikes. Still, we watched Due Date on the way home and the jokes and innuendos of the dialogue were easily shared. Children no longer, every day we are more on the same page and that's something to relish as well.

Almost home the guys gamely allowed me a pit stop at Woodbury Commons so I could visit the Pratesi outlet. I roamed the back of the store to scope out the bargain section- and there they were, further reduced- 30% off clearance today! Beautiful boudoir pillowcases of the softest cotton ever. A dream find for this frugalista and lover of exquisite things at the end of a fun time away.

No comments:

Post a Comment