Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Musings of a Sentimental Mom

Sometimes the anticipation of the return to routines is so great- the appeal of the demands of regular schedules so desirable, that I forget how much I like having my children around- if only for the sake of seeing them, talking to them and sharing with them the highs and lows of daily life. The frustration of their clutter, inconsistencies, and laziness often overwhelms me. I can't wait for school, camp, whatever to occupy them and free me to work, create, and proceed in the fashion that suits me. But tonight, as we eat dinner and discuss the demands of back to school it hits me and hits me hard. It's only a matter of time before they are off and on their own, calling in to touch base and running their own lives. Motherhood presents no shortages of challenges, yet the pleasure of their company has been the most incredible experience of my life. Very little compares or means more, for me, in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment