Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Advice from down the road a ways

I wish I was a more sensitive blogger. Swooning over the delicacy of the eyelashes of a......baby. A toddler's laugh. Those first wondrous curls. Okay, you know that sort of thing. No, I'm wrestling with trying to be sensitive to the fact that none of our 3 kids ever wants to clean their room, do laundry, walk the dog, or take out the trash. Oh yes, our home is so full of sensitivity that I am reminded on a regular basis about what an annoying individual I am. Maybe I was...too nice. I thought- empathy is the best policy. Now, I'm thinking tyranny has its up side. Many times, I don't really care what they think about what I want from them. Or whose turn is it really? Just do it. Now. So, that's the drill in a nutshell. Don't be too nice and whatever you do, keep them guessing. You want them on their toes and somewhat afraid (not necessarily a bad thing). Whatever you do, don't let them know how much you absolutely adore them. Then it's really game over, my friend. Game over.

No comments:

Post a Comment