Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Road Trip- First Stop


I took my print-outs from Map-Quest (after having the car checked out the day before by the mechanic), two of my children, rental dvd's from the library, and sufficient snacks, cash and plastic to embark on an adventure. First night out we stayed with my friend Kathy Moskal whom I hadn't seen in many years. Having her meet Jacob and Sarah was lovely- she got to see some of what has occupied me all this time. She lives in Buffalo now and has recently relocated to the house her grandfather built and where she was born. It was wonderful, bittersweet and meaningful to bring each other up to date and commiserate over some shared experiences from the past.

In the 80's and 90's she was co-owner of Hue hosiery and while working for the brand I got to create some memorable images of their designs for leg wear. So, a lot of history. I have only known her to be a big city girl, and thought this was an exciting new chapter for her. She has created a beautiful design studio in her home. I know she will do great things there.

1 comment:

  1. Dot...Lovely Post....You still know how to make me look good! As you know..I LOVED your visit...re-connecting...and getting to know Sarah & Jacob...who are both beautiful, smart, and generous...like their Mom...Thanks for taking the detour to see what "curb appeal" in Buffalo is like...Big X Kathy

    ReplyDelete