Friday, July 29, 2011

New ways in hopes of a better world

I'm doing lots of new things. I'm trying to set the record straight. Years of slights, injustices and pain. Well, I woke up one day and found a sword under my bed. It wasn't there to cause harm. It was there to remind me that I was worth protecting. Let's be candid here, I've taken my share of shit from others. I always thought- Walk away, let it go, move on. Find the high road and cling to it. (Which in principle, I still recommend). But, letting bullies hurt me, suffering their slings and arrows did something to me. Took something from me. That was something I didn't really understand. Little pieces of my well being dissolved and I was diminished in the end. Not to worry, I won't be breaking down any one's door in the middle of the night, I intend to take no prisoners. No need to load all your warheads. I know what it means to do the right thing. You know, grace under pressure. But all you bullies out there, even the ones draped in cashmere and pearls, I might not be nice anymore. You can count on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment