Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Working Holiday


I think we gave my husband something he really wanted for Father's Day. Group participation in the labor of moving 5 yards of dirt from the driveway to the back, reorganizing the slate and rocks that have accumulated there, planting the 5 rhododendrons that we bought and hanging the hammock. Sarah worked hard on Saturday moving dirt with the wheelbarrow and Jacob and I did our share of shoveling yersterday, moving the dirt, taking out the branches James pruned and all of us sorting rocks to new locations. On Friday, I filed a work permit to finish this area (finally) so James was inspired to get the dirt required to level it out. As I don't recall my dad ever buying dirt, James has some very different concerns. The contours of the property and the condition of the grass preoccupy our money and his time. After the weekend, the lower "48" looks awesome. Pitching in to help out made him feel very appreciated on Father's Day. He was a pretty contented guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment