Friday, June 10, 2011

Steam

It's another steamy day and I'm feeling hot and bothered myself. The mornings in my house in these last few weeks of school have bordered on the Valley of the Damned. No one (meaning my girls) seems to know how to fall asleep at what anyone would consider a normal time and as a result they are unable to get out of bed. Going to school has become something you do on a as needed basis. Senioritis runs rampant and my freshman has acquired her own case via osmosis. I am beyond frustrated and as full sized adult women, I am helpless when it comes to moving them along. They have mastered the art of the push back and my sense of self preservation requires that I refrain from engaging. The charming sound of their voices saying "Mom! I was up all night!!! I couldn't fall asleep!!! "I'm exhausted!!!" makes me doubt my own sanity. Newborns make it easy to be a parent. Satisfy their needs and you are rewarded with the thrill of watching them thrive. If women gave birth to teens, I can guarantee you, there would be a lot less people walking around today.

No comments:

Post a Comment