Monday, June 13, 2011

Childhood's End


Okay, it's not really childhood's end per se. It's more that today is Nora's last day of school. I dropped my first born off at school this morning at 8:40. Arriving late (why should today be any different?), I was earlier reduced to the nuttiness of trying to get her out of bed. It's bittersweet and like many milestones I am reminiscing like mad. Am I happy to see her achieve this? Of course. Am I sad to realize she is soon to leave and spread her wings? Will I miss the incredible messes she can leave in the kitchen? (I wasn't going to go there.) Sarah and Jacob have years to go until they too plan their next set of moves. So, the household will still hum with their voices, friends, clutter and clothes. But, time is moving swiftly and mortality beckons. Her dad and I are amazed and proud. Sometimes, parenthood has its perks, for sure.

1 comment:

  1. It isn't easy, is it? Last day of school for us is tomorrow, and it is definitely bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete