Friday, May 20, 2011

The End is Near




It's the winding down (or wind-up?) of the century- so far. As we witness Oprah's count-down to the end (another 3 shows- for real!!)- each minute of programming becomes that much more special. Who will the final guest be? More apropos, who were the most important guests? Now that's a crowd pleaser, tear jerker and promotional op rolled into a fast paced hour. Oprah's seal of approval has been sought by millions (full disclosure, I sent her a set of the children's books I did a while back called The Real Kids Readers praised by parents, librarians and teachers alike. Oprah wasn't interested. No sour grapes- I'm just not one of the chosen few.) I had to watch Friday's show to see who would capture that last segment. And I was not disappointed. A truly inspirational woman named Tererai Trent who made me think twice about any hardship I have ever endured. No, it's onward and upward while making the world a better place. Count me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment