Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Lazy Day in Momville



The snow sits perfectly on all the branches that surround the house and it makes for some inspired hibernating on my end. Curled up with books from the library (the best kind of frugalista activity- as in using one's brain, absorbing interesting ideas and not spending any money beyond the gas used to drive back and forth to the library). I devoured Steve Martin's An Object of Beauty and Kathy Griffin's Official Book Club Selection back to back and I highly recommend the combination. Each engaging in very different ways as they both offer an interesting glimpse into the workings of the minds of two well known people. You can't really take the author out of the picture when you read either book- something that's easy to do when an author is a relative unknown. It's early in the day and I am well aware of the all the chores that beckon. I want to walk by clutter without a care in the world and go outside, maybe with a camera in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment