Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Forward Momentum

The gang moves out the door in their own staggered fashion- and me, I am off to the city when time allows to visit a courthouse and think about an installation. Amazing how the reality is starting to sink in that my husband is occupied by a demanding job and he is far more relaxed again. It's always easy for me to worry about all the details- will they leave on their bicycles and come back whole? Are they doing okay in school? Will their sore throat be nothing more than fatigue and a harmless virus? All those little alarm bells that ring in my head. Still, the overriding sense of gloom I have felt is breaking apart and melting away. My heart goes out to all the unemployed folks struggling to make their way and stay afloat. I am happy with our simplicity and grateful that acquiring more isn't all that fascinating to this crew on Evergreen Way. I long to do better and be better. It seems like the simplest goals are the hardest to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment