Monday, January 17, 2011

Backyard Friends




Martin Luther King day creates a day free from school and work. The luxury of a three day weekend and a chance to relax a little. Everyone in my family has gone their separate ways which means some quiet time for me. I am so happy for the dinners at the end of the day that bring us together to reconnect. James and I filled the bird feeders in the yard yesterday and the birds are having a wonderful time feasting on the seeds. Lots of critters are coming by and we have some new birds in the yard, called common red poll whose bright red coloring is arresting to my eye. Earlier, outside taking my photos and having fun framing different shots- I thought I saw a bird yawn on camera. Really. Maybe they know me as their friend. The nice lady who keeps putting out the grub.

No comments:

Post a Comment