Thursday, September 30, 2010

Uncertainty



I wish I could say with utter certainty what I am doing with my life. I admire the Anna Wintour's of the world, the Hillary Clinton's- both of whom I imagine wake-up to the personal trainer, the hair and make-up artist or the secretary at the ready to prepare their boss for their very important day. No, somehow, I am in the awkward position of not really knowing what I am doing, where I am headed. So the luxury of knowing is not mine. The day unfolds, usually with a certain amount of expectation (by others) and hopes (of my own) but I wrestle with that in-between. The determination to make the day memorable, and the concern that my importance is so infinitesimal, that it's easy to get lost in uncertainty. Babies are nice, toddlers are better, dinner is great and obligations are perfect in that they give your life a purpose. So, how to find the purpose driven life? Or more importantly, how to create one.

No comments:

Post a Comment