Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Gathering of Fashionistas





I went to the city today to attend a conference about blogging- specifically fashion bloggers. I think I could say with 100% certainty that I was the only person there who didn't twitter. Still, with a website and a blog I didn't feel quite so obsolete. It was interesting to learn what the speakers considered to be their message. Of course, in the fashion world, what you are wearing is considered content. The audience's ears perked up when the panelists shared what labels they were wearing, down to the brand and color of the nail polish painted on their nails. I did enjoy soaking up the presentations and assuming the guise of a professional woman instead of my standard i.d. of harried mom, wife and homemaker. I appreciate the forum that blogging has created for me but I'm not sure for whom I am writing. Hopefully, it's the process that will matter the most in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment