Monday, August 9, 2010

Out of Town


James and I got to go away Friday night to visit our friends Joyce and Gerry at their place in the country. We debated on whether or not to make Jacob go- but decided to let him stay home when Nora announced she would be responsible for him. In light of the plans, we left Comet home and peeled away effortlessly north up route 9 and across the Bear Mountain bridge to 17. What an amazing way to travel across the river and not have to deal with Tarrytown or the Tappan Zee on a Friday night in August.
It was so relaxing to be away. No crises appeared to challenge our ease- and getting a break from the stress of the everyday was truly welcomed by us both. Always happy to help but not in charge I found myself roaming with my camera in Joyce's beautiful garden at twilight when the flowers are their very most fragile and evocative. I cherish the moments when I can concentrate on my craft. The images themselves take me to a place that is mine and everyone's at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment