Thursday, August 12, 2010

Barbara Nessim


I went to the city the other day to photograph Barbara Nessim with her artworks that are installed in the Eventi Hotel located at 30th and Sixth Avenue. Her artwork looked stunning and she was prepared and it all went fine. It's a little wierd to work in a hotel where you have people walking through your shots and essentially being in public the whole time. Barbara was great in front of the camera. She agreed to pay for Rhona whom I brought in with me to do her hair and make-up. It's a real blessing for me to have a support person with me when I am trying to shoot. Later, leaving the hotel we encountered the wicked heat that has so defined this summer. Arriving home, I had to stop and sit in the breeze of the fan and gather my wits about me. It takes a certain cool to pull these things off.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dorothy, It was really fun being photographed by you. I love the photos. Rhona was perfect and her suggestions for me were very helpful. Looking forward to booking a portrait shoot with you and Rhona in the near future.

    ReplyDelete