Sunday, May 9, 2010

I got lost reading old blog entries and it's Mother Day and my son's 12th birthday and I really need to get back in bed. So I am going to write later. It's been a truly beautiful spring complete with shed built in the backyard and a hedge of shrubs planted to screen the shed from our neighbor's view. Finally, a private place to tuck the wheelbarrows!! I like our new building and can't quite believe we managed to get it constructed. James found actual slate on Craigslist and arranged delivery and it is now stacked in neat piles awaiting installation. The roofer was a young guy from upstate who was working in the area. His dad was there also. When I admired the slate he told me the great deal we were getting. Originally the slate costs $4-5.00 each and we bought his son's tiles for $1.00 per. James maintains he will do the work and he has already tarpapered the roof to protect the shed from the elements. So our little building will have an elegant (and high end) slate roof just like the house. That will be a sight to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment